Thanks for visiting my website to learn more about my work. I am the Director of the Center for Gaming Research and an instructor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and I also write for Forbes.com and a few other places. I’m interested in a variety of areas, with a loose focus around Las Vegas, including gambling, casinos, video games, professional wrestling, and hospitality/tourism.
I have written several books, including Grandissimo: The First Emperor of Las Vegas, Roll the Bones: The History of Gambling, and Boardwalk Playground: The Making, Unmaking, & Remaking of Atlantic City. You can learn more on the Books page, or just click one of the books below to head to Amazon, if you like to cut to the chase.
I was born and raised in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and earned my bachelor’s degree (a double major in anthropology and history) as well as his master’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania before receiving my doctorate in US History from UCLA. How did I get interested in studying gambling? Mostly where I grew up, combined with my hands-on experience in the casino industry as a security officer, surveillance officer, and Mr. Peanut.
Welcome to dgschwartz.com
- Ring of Honor’s Death Before Dishonor Could Be Las Vegas Turning Point For Wrestling | Forbes September 17, 2018
- How Las Vegas Casinos Are Getting More With Fewer Employees | Forbes September 17, 2018
- The Story Behind The Most Famous Missing Apostrophe in Las Vegas September 17, 2018
- Getting Ready For The Las Vegas Raiders, The North Strip Gets A Multibillion-Dollar Makeover | Forbes September 4, 2018
- Las Vegas Casinos Hope Sports Betting Will Change Their Luck August 20, 2018